Click here to Login
imgs1 imgs2


LATEST NEWS

08/15/2022

by Haykaram Nahapetyan from https://mirrorspectator.com/

MARTUNI, Artsakh — Several diaspora organizations have combined efforts to renovate the vocational school in the town of Martuni in Artsakh. The Knights of Vartan, together with the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund, Genesis Armenia, Armenia Tools4Schools, the Western Prelacy of the Armenian Church in the United States, Sahman NGO, Armenian Educational Foundation, Armenian Tree Project, and the government of the Artsakh Republic (Republic of Nagorno Karabakh) provided funding to re-build the facilities.

read more >

About Daughters of Vartan

The Daughters of Vartan is an Armenian Sisterhood associated with the Knights of Vartan. It was organized in 1933, seventeen years after the founding of the Knights of Vartan. The first chapter was established on December 18, 1933 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Grand Council was established on May 25, 1941. At present, there are 19 Chapters of the Daughters of Vartan throughout the United States.

The Daughters of Vartan is an organization of women whose principles are based on Christian morality and good conduct. Its members are committed to contribute toward the intellectual development of Armenian women, cultivate nobility of character, perpetuate their cultural heritage, preserve the Armenian language, safeguard the sanctity of the Armenian home and nurture and promote ethnic values.

The Sisterhood of the Daughters of Vartan is a non-sectarian, non-political, and non-denominational organization, which emphasizes patriotism, discipline, self-sacrifice and faithfulness. It encourages self-improvement, self-respect and unselfish service to the Armenian people and mankind. It teaches the characteristic virtues of Armenian womanhood: integrity, devotion, compassion, humility, tenderness and love. It stresses belief in God and the Christian way of life, and loyalty to the government and constitution of the country of abode.

About Vartan Mamigonian and Shooghanig (in Armenian and English)